Regulations for the order and discipline of the troops of the United States [microform] : To which is added, an appendix, containing, the United States Militia Act, passed in Congress, May, 1792. / By Baron de Stuben, late major general and inspector general of the Army of the United States
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Army
- [Baltimore] : Printed [by I. Thomas and E.T. Andrews] for Keatinge's bookstore, Market-Street, Baltimore, 1794.
- A new edition, illustrated by eight copperplates, accurately engraved.
- Physical Description:
- 153 pages, 9 unnumbered pages, viii leaves of plates (7 folded) : illustrations ; 18 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Steuben, Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin, Baron von, 1730-1794
Doolittle, Amos, 1754-1832
- Edition statement transposed; precedes "By Baron de Stuben ..." on title page.
Gatherings A-N are typographically identical (except for title page) with those of the issue (Evans 27960) with imprint: Printed at Boston by I. Thomas and E.T. Andrews, Faust's Statue, no. 45, Newbury-Street. 1794. Ascribed to the press of Angell and Sullivan by Evans.
Plates engraved by Amos Doolittle.
Prepared by Friedrich von Steuben in 1779 as inspector general of the Continental Army; adopted nationally by the Uniform Militia Act of 1792.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 27957).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 27957
Minick, A.R. Maryland, 207
View MARC record | catkey: 3310574