Letter from the secretary of the Treasury, to the chairman of the Committee of Ways & Means, exhibiting a calculation of the quotas of the respective states, in a tax of two millions of dollars, proportioned to the number of free white persons, and three-fifths of the number of slaves, as ascertained by the census [microform] : 25th May, 1798, referred to the committee of the whole House, to whom is committed the bill to provide for the assessment and collection of direct taxes. : (Published by order of the House of Representatives.).
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Department of the Treasury
- [Philadelphia] : [Printed by William Ross?], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress (5th, 2nd session : 1797-1798) House
- Related Titles:
- Letter from the secretary of the treasury, to the chairman of the Committee of Ways & Means ...
- Ascribed to the press of William Ross by Evans., Parentheses substituted for square brackets in title transcription., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 34868).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 34868
View MARC record | catkey: 3311632