Scrap and shredded tire fires : special report / Federal Emergency Management Agency ; researched by Stanley L. Poole, Jr. ; Editors. Hollis Stambaugh and Peter Banks
- Poole, Stanley L.
- [Emmitsburg, Md.] : Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Fire Administration, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 56 pages, 16 unnumbered pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stambaugh, Hollis
United States Fire Administration
- Technical report series ; 093
- Sources and usage of scrap and shredded tires - Advances in tire recycling - Barriers to recycling -- Hazards of scrap and shredded tires - Fire and environmental hazards - Hazards at different stages of combustion - Storage and recycling operation hazards -- Tire fire incident case studies -- Planning for tire fire prevention and extinguishment - Fire prevention code enforcement - Tire fire pre-planning - Excavation equipment for tire fires - Emergency response -- Firefighting strategy and tactics - Exposures - Containment - Extinguishment - overhaul -- Environmental hazard containment -- Safety of operations -- Cost recovery resources -- Lessons learned.
- Title from title screen (viewed June 16, 2006).
"This is Report 093 of the Major Fires Investigation Project conducted by Varley-Campbell and Associates, Inc./TriData Corporation under contract EMW-94-C-4423 to the United States Fire Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 54-55).
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet from USFA web site. Address as of 06/16/08: http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-093.pdf; current access via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 3315696