Environmental aspects of real estate and commercial transactions : acquisition, development, and liability management / Kevin R. Murray, editor
- Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, Environment, Energy and Resources Section, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvii, 797 pages ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Murray, Kevin R. and American Bar Association. Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Federal environmental liability under CERCLA and RCRA / Laurence S. Kirsch and John C. Raffetto -- Common law causes of action for environmental claims / Margo R. Casselman and Christopher D. Thomas -- State environmental programs and statutory frameworks for consideration in real estate transactions / Kevin R. Murray and Elizabeth A. Rudolf -- Transaction-triggered environmental laws / David B. Farer and Jay A. Jaffe -- Environmental release reporting obligations / Thomas S. Burack -- Lender and fiduciary liability issues / Abbi L. Cohen and John M. Ix -- Treatment of environmental liabilities in bankruptcy / Pamela K. Elkow and Thomas J. Sansone -- Environmental criminal enforcement : a primer for the real estate practitioner / W. Warren Hamel and Karl R. Heisler -- Fundamentals of due diligence / Mary Ellen Ternes -- Environmental consultants / Mary Ellen Ternes -- Understanding environmental reports and risk-based cleanups : science issues for transactional lawyers / Mary Ellen Ternes -- Non-scope items : asbestos, lead-based paint, and radon / Chad C. Baker -- An overview of institutional controls / Amy L. Edwards -- Structuring the transaction to allocate environmental liability / Gerard A. Caron and Gregory A. Bibler -- Environmental issues in the landlord-tenant context / Adrienne J. Bell and Jennifer S. Huntsman -- Current insurance policies for insuring against environmental risks / Ann M. Waeger -- Brownfields redevelopment : creative solutions to historical environmental liabilities / Todd S. Davis -- Redevelopment of environmentally impacted real property using tax increment / David E. Gee, Lamont R. Richardson, and April M. Medley -- Tax implications of environmental aspects of real estate and commercial transactions / Roberta F. Mann -- Environmental disclosure requirements under securities laws / Gregory E. Lindley -- Underground storage tanks / Walter G. Wright, Jr. -- Wetlands considerations in real estate transactions / LaJuana S. Wilcher, Sarah P. Jarboe, and Joye Beth Spinks -- The Endangered Species Act / J.B. Ruhl, Alan M. Glen, and Rebecca M. Powers -- NEPA and commercial transactions / Andrea Driggs and Christopher D. Thomas -- Conservation easements / Heidi S. Glance and Kylie J. Crandall -- Historic preservation issues for real estate development / Sara C. Bronin -- Cultural resources / Hadassah M. Reimer and Murray D. Feldman -- Smart growth and sustainability / Girair Simon and Cullen Howe -- Environmental justice and transactions / Nicholas Targ, Letitia D. Moore, and Michael B. Gerrard.
- "This book is a guide to environmental laws and liability issues that arise in real estate and commercial transactions"--
- Liability for environmental damages—United States
- Real estate development—Law and legislation—United States
- Real estate business—Law and legislation—United States
- Vendors and purchasers—United States
- Liability for environmental damages
- Real estate business—Law and legislation
- Vendors and purchasers
- United States
- 9781641057998 (paperback)
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: 4th ed. Chicago : American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources ; Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, ©2011
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33178691