Professional hockey in Philadelphia : a history / Alan Bass
- Bass, Alan, 1990-
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 227 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction: Philadelphia professional hockey -- Quaker City Hockey Club: American Amateur Hockey League, 1900-01 -- The Arrows: Canadian American Hockey League (CAHL), 1927-35 -- The Quakers: National Hockey League (NHL), 1930-31 -- The Comets: Tri-State Hockey League (T-SHL), 1932-33 -- The Ramblers: Canadian American Hockey League (CAHL), 1935-36; International American Hockey League (I-AHL), 1936-40; American Hockey League (AHL), 1940-41 -- The Rockets/Falcons: American Hockey League (AHL), 1941-42; Eastern Amateur Hockey League (EAHL), 1942-46; American Hockey League, 1946-49; Eastern Amateur Hockey League, 1951 -- The Ramblers: Eastern Hockey League (EHL), 1955-64 -- The Flyers: National Hockey League (NHL), 1967-Present -- The Blazers: World Hockey Association (WHA), 1972-73 -- The Firebirds: North American Hockey League (NAHL), 1974-77; American Hockey League (AHL), 1977-79 -- The Phantoms: American Hockey League (AHL), 1996-2009 -- Epilogue.
- "Philadelphia has been a hockey town since 1897. Before and even during the Philadelphia Flyers' tenure, other teams-the Ramblers, the Quakers and the Firebirds, among others-called the city home, for better or for worse. The first of its kind, this comprehensive history covers the teams and players that graced the ice from the turn of the 20th century through the 2009 demise of the Philadelphia Phantoms. Offering something for every Philly hockey fan, the author tells the stories of the 10 pro teams that played the world's fastest game in the City of Brotherly Love."--
- 9781476682693 (Paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-223) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33179052