Green composites for automotive applications / editors, Georgios Koronis, Arlindo Silva
- Cambridge, MA : Woodhead, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Woodhead Publishing series in composites science and engineering
- <P>Introduction to 'Green Composites' in the Automotive Industry Georgios Koronis and Arlindo Silva</p> <p><b>Part 1: Processing and Characterization of Green Composites</b> 1. Surface modification of natural fibers in biopolymer composites Juliana Cruz, Diana Ferreira and RAUL FANGUEIRO 2. Flammability performance of bio-composites Maya John</p> <p><b>Part 2: Thermosetting and Thermoplastic materials for structural applications </b>3. Green thermoset reinforced biocomposites Samson Rwahwire 4. Green composites on automotive interior parts: a solution using cellulosic fibers. Nuno Calçada Loureiro 5. Eco-impact assessment of a hood made of a ramie reinforced composite Georgios Koronis 6. Production and modification of nanofibrillated cellulose composites and potential applications Md Nazrul Islam</p> <p><b>Part 3: Nanomaterials and additive manufacturing composites</b> 7. Nanocomposites with nano-fibers and fillers from renewable resources Naheed Saba 8. 3D-printing technologies and composite materials for structural applications Rajkumar Velu 9. Bio-Composites: Present Trends and Challenges for The Future Zoheb Karim</p> <p><b>Part 4: Life Cycle Assessment and Risk Analysis</b> 10. Risk-sensitive Life Cycle Assessment of natural fibres for automotive applications Anja Schmidt 11. Ramie and Jute as natural fibres in automotive composite parts -- a life cycle engineering comparison with Aluminium Paulo Peças 12. Recycling processes and issues in natural fiber-reinforced polymer composites Sibele Piedade Cestari</p>
- Green Composites for Automotive Applications presents cutting-edge, comprehensive reviews on the industrial applications of green composites. The book provides an elaborative assessment of both academic and industrial research on eco-design, durability issues, environmental performance, and future trends. Particular emphasis is placed on the processing and characterization of green composites, specific types of materials, such as thermoset and thermoplastic, nanocomposites, sandwich, and polymer biofoams. Additional sections cover lifecycle and risk analysis. As such, this book is an essential reference resource for R & D specialists working in materials science, automotive, chemical, and environmental engineering, as well as R & D managers in industry.
- 9780081021781 (electronic bk.), 008102178X (electronic bk.), 0081021771, and 9780081021774
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33179861