Legal and ethical issues for health professionals / George D. Pozgar ; legal review, Nina M. Santucci ; medical review, John W. Pinnella
- Pozgar, George D.
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 443 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Introduction to ethics -- Contemporary ethical dilemmas -- End-of-life dilemmas -- Health care ethics committee -- Development of law -- Introduction to law -- Government ethics and the law -- Organizational ethics and the law -- Health care professional legal-ethical issues -- Physician's ethical and legal issues -- Employee rights and responsibilities -- Patient consent -- Patient abuse -- Patient rights and responsibilities -- Summary case : search for truth.
- Written to assist in the transition from the classroom to the workplace, "Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, Fifth Edition" provides readers with a clearer understanding of the issues they will face as health professionals, as well as, how law and ethics are so often intertwined. Through contemporary topics, real-world examples, and accessible, student-friendly language, this important resource offers readers an applied perspective, with an emphasis on development critical-thinking skills. -- From publisher's description.
- 9781284144185 paperback
- INCLUDES ACCESS TO EBOOK.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33179921