Brain computations : what and how / Edmund T. Rolls
- Rolls, Edmund T.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (960 pages) : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- In order to understand how the brain works, it is essential to know what is computed by different brain systems, and how those computations are performed. 'Brain Computations' elucidates what is computed in different brain systems and describes current computational approaches and models of how each of these brain systems computes. This approach has enormous potential for helping us understand ourselves better in health. Potential applications of this understanding are to the treatment of the brain in disease, as well as to artificial intelligence, which will benefit from knowledge of how the brain performs many of its extraordinarily impressive functions.
- 9780191914157 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33182520