Forensic gait analysis / Haydn D. Kelly
- Kelly, Haydn D.
- Boca Ranton, FL : CRC Press, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvi, 342 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- <P>1 Gait Analysis: A Historical Overview</P><P>2 Observational Gait Analysis -- Progression and Application</P><P>3 Neurological Disorders Affecting Gait</P><P>4 Emotions and Gait</P><P>5 Video Image Analysis</P><P>6 Gait Analysis in Identification</P><P>7 Height Estimation Using the Foot or Lower Limb as a Dimension</P><P>8 Photogrammetry</P><P>9 Interpreting and Communicating Forensic Statistics</P><P>10 Reports and Report Writing</P><P>11 Expert Evidence in Court</P><P>12 The Expert in Court -- The Expert's Perspective</P>
- "Forensic Gait Analysis examines the intersection of podiatric medicine with forensic investigation-a study which links a suspect to a crime through analysis of his or her style of movement: how an individual walks, runs, and bends. The book provides a concise explanation of how the musculoskeletal system and biomechanics affect gait, examining how videos of perpetrators can be forensically analyzed and used for identification and investigative purposes"--
- 9781315374550 electronic book, 1315374552 electronic book, 9781315356945 electronic book EPUB, 1315356945 electronic book EPUB, 9781466504158 electronic book, and 1466504153 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biographical Note:
- In July 2000, Haydn Kelly made legal history with 'forensic gait analysis' which he created and was first admissible as expert evidence in criminal law [R v Saunders] at the Old Bailey in London. This was widely reported in the media and elsewhere at the time, and verified in Guinness World Records. He is a University accredited expert witness by Cardiff University and Bond Solon training and has provided expert evidence in numerous medico-legal matters and in different jurisdictions; has a degree in Podiatric Medicine, Fellowships in Podiatric Surgery (London) and a Fellow of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. Former Elected Dean, Faculty of Podiatric Surgery (London) and during his tenure secured access to government resources for the further development of podiatric surgery and podiatry. Haydn Kelly has published in journals, periodicals, book chapters, and given presentations at international scientific conferences, with lectures on forensic gait analysis, biomechanics of foot and lower limb injuries, foot pathology, and podiatric surgery. He has also contributed to news items with television appearances. Having treated over 100,000 patients, and a clinical career in London's Harley Street over three decades. He continues internationally extending the uses of gait analysis and the application of innovative medical IT and processing capabilities.
View MARC record | catkey: 33183063