Projection-Based Clustering through Self-Organization and Swarm Intelligence: Combining Cluster Analysis with the Visualization of High-Dimensional Data
- Michael Christoph Thrun
- Springer Nature 2018
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (201 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- This book covers aspects of unsupervised machine learning used for knowledge discovery in data science and introduces a data-driven approach to cluster analysis, the Databionic swarm (DBS). DBS consists of the 3D landscape visualization and clustering of data. The 3D landscape enables 3D printing of high-dimensional data structures.The clustering and number of clusters or an absence of cluster structure are verified by the 3D landscape at a glance. DBS is the first swarm-based technique that shows emergent properties while exploiting concepts of swarm intelligence, self-organization and the Nash equilibrium concept from game theory. It results in the elimination of a global objective function and the setting of parameters. By downloading the R package DBS can be applied to data drawn from diverse research fields and used even by non-professionals in the field of data mining.
- /doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-20540-9, 9783658205393, and 9783658205409
- DOAB Library.
- Funding Information:
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 33185194