Terabit-Rate Transmission Using Optical Frequency Comb Sources
- Pfeifle, Jörg
- KIT Scientific Publishing 2017
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (XIV, 176 p. p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Energy-efficient Tbit/s optical interconnects are key elements for future communication systems. Three novel optical frequency comb sources are investigated, which have the potential of being integrated in chip-scale Tbit/s transmitters. Such frequency combs provide a large number of carriers. The equidistance of the comb lines helps to minimize spectral guard bands. For each type of comb source, coherent data transmission experiments show the potential for Tbit/s data transmission rates.
- KSP/1000066936 and 9783731506409
- DOAB Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 33187218