David Smith - Medals for Dishonor (1936-40). Ein ikonografischer Vergleich
- Langanke, Cathrin
- KIT Scientific Publishing 2013
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (245 p. p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- David Smith, who is known in the United States mostly for his abstract sculptures, starts in 1936 with his series Medals for Dishonor (1936-40). By using surrealistic motifs he is showing within this series the horrors of war. Compared with artworks of leading surrealists at that time you can see that there is also a change of iconography: Motifs of violence increase. Could Smiths series of medals therefore be seen as an example for the change of iconography in Surrealism within the 1930s?
- KSP/1000037232 and 9783731501374
- DOAB Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 33191155