Medicina e scienza dell'uomo: Paul-Joseph Barthez e la Scuola di Montpellier : Medicine and Science of Man: Paul-Joseph Barthez and the Montpellier School
- Raffaele Carbone
- FedOA - Federico II University Press 2017
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (626 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- This book focuses on the new anthropology elaborated by the physicians-philosophers of Montpellier in the second half of the 18th century, in particular, Paul-Joseph Barthez (1734-1806). In the wake of scepticism and empiricism, Barthez plans a science of man which rests upon physiological foundations and assimilates the respective resources of medicine and philosophical reflection. This essay first reconstructs the historical-cultural context in which the author's writings came into being; second, it examines the texts in which its science of man takes shape, by highlighting the methodology, conceptual tools and theoretical implications.
- DOAB Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 33195932