Bio-Based Plastics: Materials and Applications [electronic resource]
- Kabasci, S.
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated Dec. 2013
- Physical Description:
- 392 p. 24.400 x 017.000 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation This book serves as an uptodate, broad, but concise overview of basic and applied aspects of biobased plastics, focusing primarily on thermoplastic polymers for material use. Chapters focus on specific classes of biobased plastics such as polysaccharides, polyesters, polyamides, and polyolefines. Each chapter presents principles of the materials structure, sources, (bio)synthesis, production and processing, chemical and/or biotechnological modification, as well as present and future applications of the material. The result is a reference for a diverse audience including advanced students and industrialists from a variety of backgrounds. Part of the Renewable Resources series, and written by experts in this field, this book is suitable for advanced students as well as professionals in industry and academia.
- 9781118676646 and 1118676645 (Online Resource)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
View MARC record | catkey: 33207107