Inside the Fed [electronic resource] : monetary policy and its management, Martin through Greenspan to Bernanke / Stephen H. Axilrod
- Axilrod, S. H.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2011.
- Rev. ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 225 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Overview of policy management and managers -- In Bill Martin's time -- Arthur Burns and the struggle against inflation -- The Miller interlude -- Paul Volcker and the victory over inflation -- The Greenspan years, from stability to crisis -- Bernanke and the response to the great credit crisis -- The Fed and its image -- Concluding remarks -- Appendix A: chronology of federal reserve system chairmen and U.S. presidents -- Appendix B: key economic objectives and monetary policy indicators.
- 9780262015622 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0262015625 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33211559