Nonlinear Beam and Cable Mechanics [electronic resource]: Mathematical Modeling and Engineering Applications
- Luongo, A.
- Wiley-ISTE [Imprint] Oct. 2013 Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
- Physical Description:
- 25.000 x 015.000 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Nonlinear models of elastic and visco-elastic onedimensional continuous structures (beams and cables) are formulated by the authors of this title. Several models of increasing complexity are presented: straight/curved, planar/non-planar, extensible/inextensible, shearable/unshearable, warpingunsensitive/ sensitive, prestressed/unprestressed beams, both in statics and dynamics. Typical engineering problems are solved via perturbation and/or numerical approaches, such as bifurcation and stability under potential and/or tangential loads, parametric excitation, nonlinear dynamics and aeroelasticity.Contents1. A One-Dimensional Beam Metamodel.2. Straight Beams.3. Curved Beams.4. Internally Constrained Beams.5. Flexible Cables.6. Stiff Cables.7. Locally-Deformable Thin-Walled Beams.8. Distortion-Constrained Thin-Walled Beams.
- 9781118577554 and 1118577558 (Online Resource)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
View MARC record | catkey: 33212882