Your guide to successful postgraduate study [electronic resource] / Geoffrey Elliott, Karima Kadi-Hanifi & Carla Solvason
- Elliott, Geoffrey
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 131 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kadi-Hanifi, Karima and Solvason, Carla
- SAGE study skills
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Understanding yourself as a learner and postgraduate student -- The study environment -- The unspoken rules of academic etiquette -- Reading to some purpose -- The representation of thinking at postgraduate level -- The postgraduate linguistic skills -- Preparing your dissertation or thesis proposal -- Next steps.
- The leap between the undergrad and postgrad can sometimes come as a surprise, especially if you've been out of education for a while. Postgraduate study involves applying skills and knowledge in a more sophisticated and advanced way than was required during your degree.Your Guide to Successful Postgraduate Study demystifies some of the expectations of post-grad study and outlines tools and strategies for developing skills that will improve your work throughout the whole of your post-graduate course.
- 9781526411297 (paperback), 1526411296 (paperback), 9781526411280 (hardback), 1526411288 (hardback), and 9781526450470 (ePub ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page ) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33219091