Cultures of scholarship / S.C. Humphreys, editor
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 428 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Humphreys, S. C. (Sarah C.)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The comparative studies in society and history book series
- Introduction : let's hear it for the magpies -- Childhood : naturalization of development into a Japanese space -- Should the subaltern dream? "Australian Aborigines" and the problem of ethnographic ventriloquism -- Colonizing the national imaginary : folklore, anthropology, and the making of the modern state -- Recycling tradition : culture, history, and political economy in the chrysanthemum festivals of South China -- Writing traditions in colonial Java : the question of Islam -- Occidentalism and Orientalism : perspectives on legal pluralism -- The origins and impact of the Renaissance sense of history : notes on the humanist as an intellectual type -- History and law in sixteenth-century Peru : the impact of European scholarly traditions -- Gnosis, colonialism, and cultures of scholarship -- Schooling, language, and knowledge in literate and nonliterate societies -- Genealogies of reading and the scholarly cultures of Islam.
- 0472096540 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
0472066544 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3338326