Theological Milton : deity, discourse and heresy in the Miltonic canon / Michael Lieb
- Lieb, Michael, 1940-
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : Duquesne University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 348 pages ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Medieval & Renaissance literary studies
- I. The discourse of theology. 1. Doctrinal and discursive contexts. 2. The ontological imperative. 3. The signatures of deity -- II. The poetics of deity. 4. The theopathetic deity. 5. The odium dei. 6. "Our living dread" -- III. The heresies of godhead. 7. The socinian imperative. 8. Arianism and godhead.
- "Literature and theology are inextricably intertwined in this study of the figure of God as a literary character in the writings of John Milton"--Provided by publisher.
- 0820703745 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 279-338) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3339443