Veblen : the making of an economist who unmade economics / Charles Camic
- Camic, Charles
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard University Press, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 492 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Theoretical and historical scaffolding -- Beginnings -- Entering and leaving -- Young philosopher -- Transition -- Young economist -- Working in the field.
- "Thorstein Veblen's analysis of America's parasitic upper class, which plunders its wealth from productive workers, is widely attributed to his outsider status. But Charles Camic shows that Veblen's ideas did not derive from social marginality. Veblen was a professional economist whose fierce social critique was the work of an academic insider"--
- 9780674659728 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33505035