Grumant : an island of communism / a film by Ivan S. Tverdovskiy
- Additional Titles:
- Grumant Island and Grumant : the island of communism
- New York, NY : Grasshopper Film, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (54 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Tverdovskiy, Ivan, Gridin, Mihail, Tochka Zreniya Studio (Firm), Russia (Federation). Ministerstvo kul'tury, and Grasshopper Film (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Russian with English subtitles.
- The arctic archipelago of Spitsbergen was discovered in 1596. In 1920, a treaty established it as both a Norwegian territory and a free economic zone, allowing 46 countries to access it for commercial and scientific activity. The Soviets established their settlement here shortly thereafter, calling it Grumant. Today, it's the only one that remains.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 16, 2021).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director and producer, Ivan Tverdovskiy ; executive producer, Mihail Gridin ; cinematography, Ivan I. Tverdovskiy, Ivan Alferov, Evgeny Kokusev, Alex Mikeladze ; screenplay, Ivan S. Tverdovskiy ; editing, Andrey Demidov ; composer, Evgueny Kadimsky.
View MARC record | catkey: 33517981