African parliaments [electronic resource] : between governance and government / edited by M.A. Mohamed Salih
- New York, N.Y. : Palgrave Macmillan, 2005
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 286 p. ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Salih, Mohamed Abdel Rahim M. (Mohamed Abdel Rahim Mohamed)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : the changing governance role of African parliaments / M.A. Mohamed Salih -- Parliaments, politics, and governance : African democracies in comparative perspective / Wil Hout -- Legislative quotas for women / Aili Mari Tripp -- Local assemblies and local democracy in Sub-Saharan Africa / Dele Olowu -- Citizen's support for legislature and democratic consolidation [Mali] / Reneske Doorenspleet -- Evolution of parliament-executive relations in Zambia / Jotham C. Momba -- Longitudinal view on Ghana's parliamentary practices / Kwame Boafo-Arthur -- People, party, politics, and parliament [Namibia] / Henning Melber -- Parliament and dominant party system in Ethiopia / Kassahun Berhanu -- Parliament as machinery for political system control [Tanzania] / Vibeke Wang -- A decade of legislature-executive squabble in Malawi, 1994-2004 / Boniface Dulani, Jan Kees van Donge -- The South African Parliament's failed moment / Tim Hughes -- Conclusions / M.A. Mohamed Salih.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 264-283) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33528832