Community media [electronic resource] : international perspectives / edited by Linda K. Fuller
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 258 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fuller, Linda K.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Aboriginal/indigenous experiences. Remote beginnings, metropolitan developments : community and indigenous television in Australia / Elinor Rennie -- (Re)colouring the public broadcasting system in Canada : a case study of the aboriginal peoples television network / Lorna Roth -- Community radio and development : tribal audiences in South India / Yesudhasan Thomas Jayaprakash and Brian Shoesmith -- Media as constructor of ethnic minority identity: a Native American case study / Ritva Levo-Henriksson -- Current case studies. Use of television as a community media by farmers in Bangladesh / M. Abul Kashem -- Restricted opportunities for community broadcasting in Belgium / Frieda Saeys and Tomas Coppens -- Video-identity: images and sounds of citizenship construction in Brazil / Rogério Santana Lourenco -- Implications of globalization for community broadcasting in Ghana / Kwasi Ansu-Kyeremeh -- Vox populi or lonely voices in the wasteland of the ionosphere: the case of Israeli community television / Hillel Nossek -- Asian models of community communication, with Kazakhstan as a case study / Saule Barlybaeva and Alma I. Rusetmova -- Top-down community media: a participant observation from Singapore / Linda K. Fuller -- Television to save a language and a culture: the Basque case / Carmelo Garitaonandía and Miguel Angel Casado -- The power of participatory community: lessons learned from Bangkokian experience / Parichart Sthapitanonda and Chaiwat Thirapantu -- Civic adventure in Turkey: creation and evolution of TOSAM and the "Radio democracy" project / Dogu Ergil -- Virtual community visions. The architectures of cyberdating: personal advertisement photography and the unworking of community / Eric Freedman ; "Free speech" and U.S. public access producers / John W. Higgins -- Call me impure: myths and paradigms of participatory communication / Alfonso Gumucio Dagron -- The people's communication charter: global communications and people's rights / Cees J. Hamelink -- Multitheoretical approaches to community media: capturing specificity and diversity / Nico Carpentier, Rico Lie, and Jan Servaes -- Conceptualizing community: implications for policymaking in a cyberage / Concetta M. Stewart and Mairi Innes Pileggi.
- 9781403977946 (alk. paper) and 1403977941 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33532782