Contracting-out welfare services [electronic resource] : comparing national policy designs for unemployment assistance / edited by Mark Considine and Siobhan O'Sullivan
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- O'Sullivan, Siobhan, 1974- and Considine, Mark, 1953-
- Broadening perspectives in social policy
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: List of Contributors Introduction: Contracting-out Welfare Services- Comparing National Policy Designs for UnemploymentAssistance Mark Considine and Siobhan O'Sullivan 1 Worlds of Marketization - Employment Policies in Germany,Italy and the UK Compared Katharina Zimmermann, Patrizia Aurich, Paolo R. Graziano andVanesa Fuertes 2 Varieties of Market Competition in Public Employment Services- A Comparison of the Emergence and Evolution of the NewSystem in Australia, the Netherlands and Belgium Ludo Struyven 3 Governance, Boards of Directors and the Impact of Contracting onNot-for-profit Organizations - An Australian Study Mark Considine, Siobhan O'Sullivan and Phuc Nguyen 4 Quasi-markets and the Delivery of Activation - A FrontlinePerspective Rik van Berkel 5 Conditionality and the Financing of Employment Services -Implications for the Social Divisions of Work and Welfare Isabel Shutes and Rebecca Taylor 6 Support for All in the UK Work Programme? Differential Payments,Same Old Problem James Rees, Adam Whitworth and Elle Carter 7 Broken Hierarchies, Quasi-markets and Supported Networks -A Governance Experiment in the Second Tier of Germany's PublicEmployment Service Matthias Knuth 8 The Public Accountability of Privatized Activation - TheCase of Israel Avishai Benish Index .
- "Contracting-out Welfare Services: Comparing National Policy Designs for Unemployment Assistance is an edited collection focused on the design and re-design of welfare-to-work systems around the world"--
- 9781119016465 (ePub), 9781119016472 (Adobe PDF), and 9781119016496 (paperback)
- Related Titles:
- Social policy & administration
- "Originally published as Volume 48, Issue 2 of Social Policy & Administration."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33533108