Demystifying exotic products [electronic resource] : interest rates, equities and foreign exchange / Chia Chiang Tan
- Tan, Chia Chiang
- Chichester, U.K. : Wiley, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 254 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "This book is a practical guide to the complexities of exotic products written in simple terms based on the premise that derivatives are not homogenous, and not necessarily dangerous." "By exploring common themes behind the construction of various structured products in interest rates, equities and foreign exchange, and investigating the economic environment that promoted the explosive growth of these products, this book will help readers make sense of their relevance in this period of economic uncertainty. Subsequently, by explaining exotic products with simple mathematics, it will aid readers in understanding their potential use in certain investment strategies whilst having a firm control over risk." "Exotic products need not be inaccessible. By understanding the products available investors can make informed decisions ensuring features are consistent with their investment objectives and risk preferences. Author Chia Chiang Tan takes readers through the risks and rewards of each product, illustrating when products can damage investment strategies and how to avoid them, leading to suitable, profitable investments."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780470748152 (hbk.)
- Series statement from jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -242) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33533954