Drawing the line [electronic resource] : the untold story of the animation unions from Bosko to Bart Simpson / Tom Sito
- Sito, Tom, 1956-
- Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 425 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : Why a history of animation unions? -- The world of the animation studio : the cartoon assembly line -- Suits : producers as artists see them -- Hollywood labor, 1933-1941 : the birth of cartoonists unions -- The Fleischer strike : a union busted, a studio destroyed -- The great Disney Studio strike : the civil war of animation -- The war of Hollywood and the blacklist : 1945-1953 -- A bag of oranges : the Terrytoons strike and the Great White Father -- Lost generations : 1952-1988 -- Animation and the global market : the runaway wars, 1979-1982 -- Fox and hounds : the torch seen passing -- Camelot : 1988-2001 -- Animation-- isn't that all done on computers now? : the digital revolution -- Conclusion : where to now?
- 0813124077 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813124070 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 409-414) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33534606