Family environments, school resources, and educational outcomes [electronic resource] / edited by Grace Kao, Department of Sociology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA, Hyunjoon Park , Department of Sociology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Bingley : Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 190 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kao, Grace (Grace Y.) and Park, Hyunjoon
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Family environments, school resources, and educational outcomes / Hyunjoon Park and Grace Kao -- How schools matter : the need for a contextual perspective / Douglas B. Downey -- Preschool enrollment, classroom instruction, elemenary school context, and the reading achievement of children from low-income families / Robert Crosnoe, Aprile D. Benner and Pamela Davis-Kean -- The consequences of principal and teacher turnover for school and social resources / Paul Hanselman, Jeffrey Grigg, Sarah K. Bruch and Adam Gamoran -- The effect of mothers' educational credentials on children's outcomes : does being a first-generation or continuing-generation college graduate matter? / Susan A. Dumais and Laura Nichols -- Children's highbrow cultural activities and academic achievement in Hong Kong / Soo-yong Byun and Suet-ling Pong -- The hopes carry them on : early educational expectations and later educational outcomes in rural Gansu, China / Yuping Zhang.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 33535951