The harmonisation of European contract law [electronic resource] : implications for European private laws, business and legal practice / edited by Stefan Vogenauer and Stephen Weatherill
- Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart Pub., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 259 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Vogenauer, Stefan, 1968- and Weatherill, Stephen, 1961-
- Studies of the Oxford Institute of European and Comparative Law ; v. 1
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The spectre of European contract law / Stefan Vogenauer -- Harmonisation of European contract law : the state we are in / Ewan McKendrick -- English law reform and the impact of European private law / Hugh Beale -- The ideal of codification and the dynamics of Europeanisation : the Dutch experience / Martijn W. Hesselink -- Contract law reform : the German experience / Reinhard Zimmermann -- Constitutional issues--how much is best left unsaid? / Stephen Weatherill -- The European Community's competence to pursue the harmonisation of contract law--an empirical contribution to the debate / Stefan Vogenauer & Stephen Weatherill -- Harmonisation of and codification in European contract law / Guido Alpa -- Contracts and European consumer law : an OFT perspective / Sir John Vickers -- The Commission's communications and standard contract terms / Ulf Bernitz -- Non-legislative harmonisation : protection from unfair suretyships / Aurelia Colombi Ciacchi -- Harmonisation of European insurance contract law / Daniela Weber-Rey -- European contract law, what does it mean and what does it not mean? / Dirk Staudenmayer -- Harmonisation of European contract law--the United Kingdom government's thinking / Baroness Ashton Of Upholland.
- 1841135917 (hbk.) and 9781841135915
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33538262