Onboarding [electronic resource] : getting new hires off to a flying start / Christian Harpelund, Onboarding Group, with Morten T. Højberg, Kasper Ulf Nielsen ; illustrations drawn by Anders Frang
- Harpelund, Christian
- [Bingley] United Kingdom : Emerlad Publishing Limited, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 263 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Højberg, Morten T., Nielsen, Kasper Ulf, and Frang, Anders
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part One: Take off -- 1. Why invest in Onboarding? -- 2. An Onboarding mindest -- Part Two: In the Air -- 3. How do I create 'good' Onboarding? -- 4. The forming track -- 5. The connection track -- 6. The unfolding track -- Part Three: Landing -- Onboarding design: How to do Onboarding in practice? -- 8. Onboarding resources: What do we need? -- Onboarding specials: Where do we need something special?
- "The way people move from job to job is undergoing a massive change, as are their expectations on their future workplaces and their employers. From clear and almost limitless development opportunities to a strong sense of purpose, the demands on the new hire menu card are increasing. Onboarding is a powerful vehicle that can help companies deliver on these expectations. Successfully deployed, it can ensure higher engagement, organisational readiness, better time-to-performance, better retention, lower stress-levels, and better bottom lines. However very few companies adopt a considered onboarding approach and instead rely on a checklist methodology that harnesses but a fraction of the full potential of onboarding. Onboarding: Getting New Hires off to a Flying Start provides a clear and structured framework for professionalising the discipline of onboarding new hires. It explains how to work with elements such as culture and rules, how to ensure connection for your new hires, and how to work with pushing performance and development forward in a balanced way. Filled with facilitation tools, real life cases, best-practice recommendations, ways to train your leaders, and ways of tracking and measuring the onboarding efforts in your company, it is a complete manual on how to design a structured onboarding process and how to get your new hires off to a flying start. Written for managers and human resource teams, this book will provide clear guidance on how to design a complete onboarding process from the preboarding stage up to 6 month programmes, how to organise central and local designs, and how to involve the leadership of your organisation in the onboarding efforts."--
- 1787695824 hardcover
9781787695832 (ePub ebook)
9781787695818 (PDF ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 251-258) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33544385