Power and politics [electronic resource] : a case study in community sport partnerships / Jennifer E. McGarry, Justin M. Evanovich, Nneka A. Arinze, Kolin Ebron, Jun Young Cho
- McGarry, Jennifer E.
- London : Human Kinetics, Inc., 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Evanovich, Justin M., Arinze, Nneka A., Ebron, Kolin, and Cho, Jun Young, active 2019
- SAGE business cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Carmen Jackson directs West Jefferson's Harris Center. Dissatisfied with the efforts of previous partners at the Center, she is looking to form connections with partners with whom she could work alongside to address the interests and needs of West Jefferson's youth. Specifically, Ms. Jackson is concerned about the lack of structured programming and the low participation rates among girls. Dr. Snow, from nearby Paul Warner College (PWC), was referred to Ms. Jackson as a possible new partner. Dr. Snow saw the potential for college students in her Non-Profit and Community Sport course to engage in projects with the Harris Center. Summer conversations led to plans to begin partnering in the fall. The new school year has arrived. As Ms. Jackson posts flyers about the new partnership per a request from PWC's media campaign, she is waiting to meet Dr. Snow's students. Utilizing Parent and Harvey's model for community-based sport initiatives, the emerging partnership between the Harris Center and PWC has established a mutually beneficial purpose. However, additional antecedents necessary for a successful project could be lacking (i.e., collaborative planning, understanding of the environments, and nature of partners), and not everyone realizes the issues with how the partnership is beginning.
- 9781529752601 (ebook)
- Originally Published InMcGarry, J. E., Evanovich, J. M., Arinze, N. A., Ebron, K., & Cho, J. Y. (2019). Power and Politics: A Case Study in Community Sport Partnerships. Case Studies in Sport Management, 8(S1), S50-S51.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33545841