Precarious Intimacies [electronic resource] The Politics of Touch in Contemporary Western European Cinema / Maria Stehle and Beverly Weber
- Stehle, Maria
- Evanston, Illinois : Northwestern University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Weber, Beverly M. and Project Muse
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Politics of Intimacy in Contemporary European Cinema -- Touching Journeys: Precarious Intimacies and Narratives of Nonarrival -- Touch as Narrative Disruption: Race, Gender, and Queering Intimacy -- Religion, Sexuality, and Precarious Intimacy -- Commodified Intimacy in a Globalizing Europe -- White Fragility and the White Gaze: Race, Gender, and Neoliberalism -- Conclusion: Precarious Intimacies, Collaborations, and Solidarities
- "This book interrogates the politics and aesthetics of intimacy in European cinema through the lens of precarity"--
- 9780810142138, 0810142139, 9780810142114 (print), 9780810142121 (print), and 0810142120 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33545957