Rough-fuzzy pattern recognition [electronic resource] : applications in bioinformatics and medical imaging / Pradipta Maji, Sankar K. Pal
- Maji, Pradipta, 1976-
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 289 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pal, Sankar K.
- Wiley series in bioinformatics: computational techniques and engineering
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "This book provides a unified framework describing how rough-fuzzy computing techniques can be formulated and used in building efficient pattern recognition models. Based on the existing as well as new results, the book is structured according to the major phases of a pattern recognition system (e.g., classification, clustering, and feature selection) with a balanced mixture of theory, algorithm and applications. Special emphasis has been given to applications in bioinformatics and medical image processing. The book is useful for graduate students and researchers in computer science, electrical engineering, system science, medical science, and information technology. Researchers and practitioners in industry and R&D laboratories will also benefit"--
"The proposed volume provides a unified framework describing how rough-fuzzy computing techniques can be judiciously formulated and used in building efficient pattern recognition models"--
- 9781118004401 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33547615