Safe Home, Inc. (A) [electronic resource] : a case exercise in business ethics / Jeffrey A. Mello
- Mello, Jeffrey A.
- London : NeilsonJournals Publishing, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case is an experiential exercise in which students, both individually and in teams, evaluate a cost-saving proposal to close two domestic assembly facilities and open a maquiladora facility in Mexico. Students are presented with strong statements in support of and against the proposal from a number of varied stakeholders and asked to make a decision on the proposal. Subsequent to this decision, students are asked to reconsider their decision in light of some potential personal consequences this decision might have for them and their family. The exercise facilitates a discussion of stakeholder analysis from the perspective of normative stakeholder theory as well as how ethical decisions might be affected by personal considerations.
- 9781529734027 (ebook)
- Originally Published In Mello, J. (2018). Safe Home, Inc. (A) - A Case Exercise in Business Ethics. Journal of Business Ethics Education, 15(1), 303-314. JBEE15-0CS1.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33547827