Tips to reduce employee turnover in the restaurant industry [electronic resource] : case of a restaurant unit within Darden / Seung Hyun Lee, Kelsey Layman
- Lee, Seung-Hyun
- London : International CHRIE, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Layman, Kelsey
- SAGE business cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Employee turnover continues to represent one of the most significant challenges faced by the restaurant industry. Management should find solutions that lead to low turnover. Darden is a company that continues to record low turnover rates and has been recognized for the positive work environment. To get an inside look at how they do so, this case study was conducted by interviewing a service manager at the restaurant unit within Darden. The factors identified were hiring practices, monetary rewards, training policies, flexible scheduling, burnout prevention, and fun working environment. Restaurateurs are recommended to use these factors to reduce turnover rate.
- 9781529768572 (ebook)
- Originally Published InLee , S. H., & Layman, K. (2019). Tips to Reduce Employee Turnover in the Restaurant Industry: Case of a Restaurant Unit within Darden. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases, 7(4), 21-28.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33550511