Vezeeta.com [electronic resource] : growth challenges of a digital healthcare startup in the Middle East and North Africa / Arpita Agnihotri, Saurabh Bhattacharya
- Agnihotri, Arpita
- London : SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Bhattacharya, Saurabh
- SAGE business cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The case discusses growth challenges faced by Vezeeta.com (Vezeeta), a digital healthcare company, headquartered in Egypt and founded by Amir Barsoum in 2012. Vezeeta, as largely present in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, made healthcare accessible in the region through its digital healthcare booking platform and practice management software. However, with the advent of international competitors such as India-based Practo Technologies which provided a wider range of services, including telehealth and integrated healthcare management services to hospitals, coupled with the lack of venture capital (VC) funding in the MENA region, representing just 0.03% of the region's total GDP, Barsoum faced resource constraints and growth challenges. How should Barsoum differentiate Vezeeta from its competitors? How can he make Vezeeta a successful enterprise? How should Barsoum scale up Vezeeta in the MENA region?
- 9781529767780 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33551625