Wild plants, mushrooms and nuts [electronic resource] : functional food properties and applications / [edited by] Isabel C.F.R. Ferreira, Patricia Morales Gómez, Lillian Barros
- Chichester, UK ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley Blackwell, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ferreira, Isabel C. F. R., 1979-, Gómez, Patricia Morales, and Barros, Lillian
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : the increasing demand for functional foods -- The numbers behind mushrooms biodiversity -- The nutritional benefits of mushrooms -- The wide range of bioactive properties of mushrooms -- The use of mushrooms in the development of functional foods, drugs or nutraceuticals -- The consumption of wild edible plants -- Wild greens as source of nutritive and bioactive compounds over the world -- Nutrients and bioactive compounds in wild fruits through different continents -- Wild plant-based functional foods, drugs or nutraceuticals -- Nuts : agricultural and economic importance worldwide -- Recent advances in the biological properties of nuts -- The interest of nuts as sources of nutrients -- The contribution of chestnuts to the design and development of functional foods -- Emerging functional foods derived from almonds.
- 9781118944639 (pdf), 9781118944646 (epub), and 9781118944622 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33552467