Palaeomagnetism in fold and thrust belts : new perspectives / edited by E.L. Pueyo, F. Cifelli, A.J. Sussman, and B. Oliva-Urcia
- London : The Geological Society, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : maps (colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Pueyo, E. L., Cifelli, F., Sussman, Aviva J., 1969-, and Oliva-Urcia, B.
- Geological Society special publication ; no. 425
- Palaeomagnetism is a technique used to understand complex deformation patterns in fold-and-thrust belts; it can be used to characterize the distribution, magnitude and timing of vertical axis rotations, an elusive variable using other methods. A combination of palaeomagnetic and structural geology analyses has helped to unravel the geometry and kinematics of fold-and-thrust belts around the world and of different geological ages for more than 50 years. This volume comprises three sections: the first shows thorough overviews of western Mediterranean arcs and the western Carpathians; the second gives several examples from the Andes, the Alps, Anatolia, Pyrenees, Iberian Ranges and the Atlas; and the third shows the latest research on the use of palaeomagnetism to understand fold-and-thrust belts in 3D and 4D in a more quantitative way.
- 9781786204325 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 33553592