Detention of asylum seekers in Europe : analysis and perspectives / edited by Jane Hughes and Fabrice Liebaut ; Danish Refugee Council, Danish Centre for Human Rights, European Council on Refugees and Exiles
- [The Hague] : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers,  and Cambridge, MA, USA : Sold and distributed in the USA and Canada by Kluwer Law International.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 332 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hughes, Jane, Liebaut, Fabrice, Dansk flygtningehjælp, Danske menneskerettighedscenter, and European Council on Refugees and Exiles
- Recent trends in the detention of asylum seekers in Western Europe / Jane Hughes and Ophelia Field -- Detention of asylum seekers in Central and Eastern Europe / Jane Hughes and Peter Vedel Kessing -- Detention of asylum seekers : the United States perspective / Paolo Morante -- Detention of asylum seekers : the Canadian perspective / Ron Poulton and Barbara Jackman -- Detention of asylum seekers : the Australian perspective / Fedor Mediansky -- Comments on the UNHCR position on detention of refugees and asylum seekers / Karin Landgren -- Detention of asylum seekers in light of Article 5 of the European Convention on Human Rights / Christos Giakoumopoulos -- The relevance of key UN instruments for detained asylum seekers / Anne-Marie Tootell, Jane Hughes and David Petrasek -- The mental health implications of the detention of asylum seekers / Christina Pourgourides.
- 9041105468 (acid-free paper)
- Papers presented at the European Seminar on Detention of Asylum Seekers in Nov. 1995.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 3374248