Women artists [videorecording] : the other side of the picture / director, Teresa MacInnes ; narration written by Andrew Gardner ; producer, Gillian Darling Kovanic ; produced in association with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ; a National Film Board of Canada production
- Additional Titles:
- Other side of the picture
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (54 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- MacInnes, Teresa
Kovanic, Gillian Darling
Brown, Janice (Janice Cox)
Allen, Peter, 1944-1992
McCarthy, Doris, 1910-2010
Chicago, Judy, 1939-
Wieland, Joyce, 1931-1998
Poitras, Jane Ash
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
National Film Board of Canada
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
Guerrilla Girls (Group of artists)
National Museum of Women in the Arts (U.S.)
- Language Note:
- Closed captioned.
- "Respected artists such as Doris McCarthy, Judy Chicago, Joyce Weiland (sic), and Jane Ash Poitras--in combination with curators, art historians, and The Guerrilla Girls, the 'terrorists' of the art world--discuss the dearth of women's artwork in major galleries and examine the poignant social history of women in the fine arts--a story of suppression, marginalization, and omission. The effort of the National Museum of Women in the Arts to balance that one-sided picture of artistic achievement is spotlighted."--Container.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematographer, Kent Mason ; editor, Janice Brown ; composer, Peter Allen.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gillian Barber, narrator.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 3374989