The educational archives. Patriotism [videorecording] / DVD producers, Ian Hendrie, Derrick Scocchera
- Additional Titles:
- [San Francisco, Calif.] : Fantoma, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (177 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Fantoma Films (Firm)
- Despotism (1945) / an Erpi classroom film ; produced by Encyclopaedia Britannica Films Inc. in collaboration with Harold D. Lasswell (10 min.) -- The great rights (1963) / Thomas Brandon presents ; designed and directed by William Hurtz ; written by Millard Lampell (13 min.) -- A day of thanksgiving (1951) / Young America Films presents ; a Centron production (12 min.) -- Patriotism (1972) / Oxford Films presents ; an Art Evans production (9 min.) -- Duck and cover (1951) / produced by Archer Productions incorporated (9 min.) -- You can change the world (1952) / Christopher Films presents ; produced by William Perlberg ; directed by Leo McCarey (28 min.) -- 200 (1976) / a production of the United States Information Agency (3 min.) -- Getting ready emotionally (1951) / a Coronet film (11 min.) -- How we got what we have (1950) / the American Economic Foundation presents ; written by James Prindle ; directed by Jack Tilles ; produced by Wilding Picture Productions, Inc. (22 min.) -- Freedom comes high (1944) / United States Navy presents ; directed by Lewis Allen (13 min.) -- Mission, sonic boom (1959) / a Koppers Company, Inc. public service presentation ; produced by Wilding (10 min.) -- Red nightmare (1962) / a Films Incorporated presentation ; screenplay, Vincent Forte ; directed by George Waggner ; produced by William L. Hendricks (29 min.) -- The pledge of allegiance (1972) / Oxford Films presents ; an Art Evans production (8 min.).
- Collection of films shown in public schools concerning patriotism.
- Related Titles:
Day of thanksgiving
Duck and cover
You can change the world
Getting ready emotionally
How we got what we have
Freedom comes high
Mission, sonic boom
Pledge of allegiance
- Films were originally produced from 1945-1976.
Special features include: "Classroom Experience" viewing option; notes on each film; interactive filmstrip.
"A guided tour through the darkened classrooms of the past"--Container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Curator, Skip Elsheimer; Mastering, American Zoetrope DVD Lab; Menu and package design, Derrick Scocchera; Compression & authoring, J. Anthony Ruffo, Glenn Kasprzycki, Chris Ticknor; Telecine colorist, Harris Liebowitz; Classroom experience mix, Pete Horner.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all region; Dolby Digital 5.0 Surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 3375035