Public sociologies reader / edited by Judith Blau and Keri E. Iyall Smith
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 355 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Blau, Judith R., 1942-
Iyall Smith, Keri E., 1973-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction : a public sociology for human rights / Michael Burawoy -- The local and the global : critical globalization studies / William I. Robinson -- Cosmopolitan citizenship / Gerard Delanty -- The struggle for global society in a world system / Jackie Smith -- A movement rising : consciousness,vision, and strategy from the bottom up / Walda Katz-Fishman and Jerome Scott -- Neoliberal globalization and the question of sweatshop labor in developing countries / Robert Pollin -- Framing the social security debate / Deana Rohlinger and Jill Quadagno -- Latin America : capital accumulation and the role of international organizations / Antonio Ugalde and Núria Homedes -- Indigenous in itself to indigenous for itself / Keri E. Iyall-Smith -- Migrants, rights, and states / Anthony M. Orum and Arlette Grabczynska -- Understanding disasters : vulnerability, sustainable development, and resiliency / Havidán Rodríguez and Carla N. Russell -- Promoting sustainability / Kenneth A. Gould -- Promoting peace through global governance / Jerry Pubantz and John Allphin Moore, Jr. -- Ejidos : a utopian project / Judith Blau and Alberto Moncada -- Teaching public sociologies / Angela Hattery and Earl Smith -- Feminist strategies for public sociology / Barbara J. Risman -- The challenge to public sociology : neoliberalism's illusion of inclusion / Charles A. Gallagher.
- 0742545865 (cloth : alk. paper)
0742545873 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3375898