Prisoners of conscience = Zamīra ke baṅdī / by Anand Patwardhan, production [and] direction, A. Patwardhan
- Additional Titles:
- Zamīra ke baṅdī
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Distributed by] Anand Patwardhan, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (41 min.) : digital, sound, black and white
- Additional Creators:
- Patwardhan, Anand
- Language Note:
- In English with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- An important historical record of a traumatic period in India's recent political history, this film focuses on the State of Emergency imposed by Indira Gandhi from June 1975 to March 1977. During the Emergency the media was muzzled, over 100,000 people were arrested without charge and imprisoned without trial. But political prisoners existed before the Emergency, and they continue to exist even after it is over.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced in .
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, A. Patwardhan [and 6 others].
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 33836736