Management of Nutritional and Metabolic Complications of Bariatric Surgery [electronic resource] / edited by Aparna Govil Bhasker, Nimisha Kantharia, Sarfaraz Baig, Pallawi Priya, Mariam Lakdawala, Miloni Shah Sancheti
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 359 p. 50 illus., 42 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bhasker, Aparna Govil, Kantharia, Nimisha, Baig, Sarfaraz, Priya, Pallawi, Lakdawala, Mariam, Sancheti, Miloni Shah, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Prevention of nutritional problems after bariatric surgery -- Early diagnosis of nutritional complications in post-bariatric surgery patients -- Management of vitamin deficiencies after bariatric surgery -- Management of protein deficiency-related complications post-bariatric surgery.-Management of micro-nutrient deficiencies in post-bariatric surgery patients -- Neurological complications seen after bariatric surgery -- Liver related sequelae post-bariatric surgery -- Miscellaneous metabolic consequences post-bariatric surgery.
- This book covers the management of various metabolic, nutritional and hormonal complications that arise after bariatric surgery. Until now bariatric surgeons have focused on mastering the surgical technique and reducing surgical complications. A number of metabolic and nutritional complications in the post-surgical phase can remain undiagnosed or unreported with a potential for irreversible morbidity. The book is edited by a team of experienced surgeons and bariatric nutritionists to provide a balanced perspective on the subject. It includes chapters on the prevention and subsequent diagnosis and management of these complications early in the course and explaining each complication with one or more suitable case reports. This book is relevant for practicing as well as aspiring bariatric surgeons, nutritionists/dieticians and bariatric physicians.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 33837247