Fractal Geometry and Stochastics VI [electronic resource] / edited by Uta Freiberg, Ben Hambly, Michael Hinz, Steffen Winter
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 307 p. 236 illus., 18 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Freiberg, Uta, Hambly, Ben, Hinz, Michael, Winter, Steffen, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contributions by: Erik Akkermans -- Mario Bonk -- David Croydon -- Jonathan Fraser -- Masanori Hino -- Remco van der Hofstad -- Peter Kern -- Jason Miller -- Stephane Seuret -- Nageswari Shanmugalingam -- Gwyneth Stallard.
- This collection of contributions originates from the well-established conference series "Fractal Geometry and Stochastics" which brings together researchers from different fields using concepts and methods from fractal geometry. Carefully selected papers from keynote and invited speakers are included, both discussing exciting new trends and results and giving a gentle introduction to some recent developments. The topics covered include Assouad dimensions and their connection to analysis, multifractal properties of functions and measures, renewal theorems in dynamics, dimensions and topology of random discrete structures, self-similar trees, p-hyperbolicity, phase transitions from continuous to discrete scale invariance, scaling limits of stochastic processes, stemi-stable distributions and fractional differential equations, and diffusion limited aggregation. Representing a rich source of ideas and a good starting point for more advanced topics in fractal geometry, the volume will appeal to both established experts and newcomers.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 33837290