Beginning HCL Programming [electronic resource] : Using Hashicorp Language for Automation and Configuration / by Pierluigi Riti, David Flynn
- Riti, Pierluigi
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 183 p. 26 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Flynn, David and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction to HCL -- 2. The HashiCorp Ecosystem -- 3. Introduction to Go -- 4. Infrastructure As Code -- 5. Terraform HCL -- 6. Consul HCL -- 7. Vault HCL -- 8. Infrastructure as Code with HCL.
- Get started with programming and using the Hashicorp Language (HCL). This book introduces you to the HCL syntax and its ecosystem then it shows you how to integrate it as part of an overall DevOps approach. Next, you'll learn how to implement infrastructure as code, specifically, using the Terraform template, a set of cloud infrastructure automation tools. As part of this discussion, you'll cover Consul, a service mesh solution providing a full-featured control plane with service discovery, configuration, and segmentation functionality. You'll integrate these with Vault to build HCL-based infrastructure as code solutions. Finally, you'll use Jenkins and HCL to provision and maintain the infrastructure as code system. After reading and using Beginning HCL Programming, you'll have the know-how and source code to get started with flexible HCL for all your cloud and DevOps needs. You will: Get started with programming and using HCL Use Vault, Consul, and Terraform Apply HCL to infrastructure as code Define the Terraform template with HCL Configure Consul using HCL Use HCL to configure Vault Provision and maintain infrastructure as code using Jenkins and HCL.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 33837631