Farmscape : the design of productive landscapes / edited by Phoebe Lickwar and Roxi Thoren
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Lickwar, Phoebe and Thoren, Roxi
- Cultivating the field -- Woburn Farm -- Middleton Place -- Montpelier -- Moraine Farm -- Merchiston Farm -- Welwyn Garden City -- Ziebigk Siedlung -- Nærum Allotment Gardens -- Village Homes -- Winslow Farms Conservancy -- Shenyang Architectural University -- Green Gulch Farm Zen Center -- Babylonstoren -- Overlook -- Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm -- Composition, meaning, and practice: a framework for designing agriculture -- Operationalizing the farmscape.
- "Farmscape: The Design of Productive Landscapes situates agriculture as a design practice, using a wide range of international case studies and analytical essays to propose lessons for contemporary landscape architects who are interested in integrating agriculture into their designs. Agricultural processes, technologies, and cycles have long shaped landscape architectural projects, from the ornamented farm of the eighteenth century, to contemporary projects that integrate agriculture and ecological restoration. The book describes the history of agriculture within landscape architecture, and reveals the diversity of current design practices that use the rhythms and forms of agriculture to create productive farms that are also sites of beauty, community, ecological conservation, remediation, and pleasure. Highly illustrated in full colour, this book provides essential context, resources and best practice examples of rural and periurban designed sites for professionals and students alike"--
- 9781315166513 (ebk)
9781351680202 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
135168020X (electronic bk. : EPUB)
9781351680219 (electronic bk. : PDF)
1351680218 (electronic bk. : PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biographical Note:
- Phoebe Lickwar is an Associate Professor in Landscape Architecture at The University of Texas at Austin. She is founding principal of Forge Landscape Architecture, an award-winning critical design practice based in Austin. Roxi Thoren is an Associate Professor of Architecture and Landscape Architecture at the University of Oregon. She studies the integration of second nature, productive landscapes, in landscape architectural design through research and design projects around agriculture, forestry, and power.
- Endowment Note:
- Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 33838780