So you want to design engines : UAV propulsion systems
- Kucinski, William
- Warrendale, Pa. (400 Commonwealth Dr., Wallendale PA USA) : Society of Automotive Engineers, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 PDF (72 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Society of Automotive Engineers and Society of Automotive Engineers. Electronic Publications
- Society of Automotive Engineers. Electronic publications
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Chapter 1. Achieving reliable cold starts in a stepped piston engine -- Chapter 2. Exploring a series hybrid-electric arrangement -- Chapter 3. Distributed hydrogen-fueled propulsion for Hale UAVs -- Chapter 4. Rotary power beyond the wankel -- Chapter 5. Plasma propelled UAVs and dielectric barrier discharge.
- This book will cover several UAV propulsion technologies, ranging from modification of conservative designs to assessing the potential of unconventional arrangements. Each chapter provides a glimpse of how researchers are leveraging different fuel types, powerplants, and system architectures in the pursuit of powerful, efficient, and robust UAV propulsion. By developing higher-performing propulsion systems--whether through the refinement of existing technologies like two-stroke heavy-fuel engines and hybrid-electric arrangements or the investigation of new concepts such as dielectric barrier discharge--ngineers will be able to increase UAV capabilities for the world's developing aviation needs.
- 9780768091786 PDF
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 33839203