Hispano Suiza in aeronautics [electronic resource] : men, companies, engines, and aircraft / Manuel Lage ; with the collaboration of S.J. Sánchez-Renedo and M. Viejo
- Lage, Manuel
- Warrendale, Pa. (400 Commonwealth Dr., Wallendale PA USA) : Society of Automotive Engineers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (xiv, 495 pages) : illustrations, digital file
- Additional Creators:
- Sánchez-Renedo, S. J., Viejo, M., and Society of Automotive Engineers. Electronic Publications
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- 1913-1920: La Hispano Suiza V-8 Engines and World War I -- 1919-1927: Establishment of La Hispano Aircraft and the Societe Francaise Hispano Suiza -- 1928-1932: New Engine Ranges, and Fiat Buys La Hispano of Guadalajara -- 1932-1935: New Military Developments, Engines Fitted with Compressors, and Cannons -- 1936-1939: The Spanish Civil War -- La Hispano Suiza in Republican-Held Territory, and La Hispano Suiza in Nationalist Territory -- 1936-1945: The Societe Francaise Hispano Suiza in World War II -- 1939-1949: Spanish Factories After the Civil War, Establishment of La Hispano Avacion, and the End of La Hispano Suiza in Barcelona -- 1945-1967: Recovery of the French Hispano Suiza, Industrial Restructuring, and the End of the Other Hispano Suiza Companies -- 1949-1967: The Jet Aircraft, and the End of La Hispano Suiza Avacion.
- This book examines Hispano Suiza's evolution and the technological advances of its engines. Starting with circumstances that favored the creation of an indigenous aviation engine, the story follows engine development for a breadth of applications, particularly aviation engines, and describes, in parallel, the birth and development of aircraft in Spain by Campañía Española de Construcciones Aeronùticas (CECA), La Hispano, La Hispano Aircraft, La Hispano Suiza, SAF-5, SAF-15, and La Hispano Aviación.
Hispano Suiza in Aeronautics: Men, Companies, Engines and Aircraft is an in-depth study covering a vast period in the history of the Spanish and French aircraft industry (1913-1967) and offers insight into Hispano Suiza's significant developments.
- 9780768042719 (PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 469-471).
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 33839372