All in the mind : psychology for the curious / Adrian Furnham and Dimitrios Tsivrikos
- Furnham, Adrian
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2017.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Tsivrikos, Dimitrios
- Introduction -- "Untangling" myths and psychological realities -- The names, and dates that shaped psychology's history and development -- Science, pseudo-science and conspiracy theories -- The man called Freud -- A guide into abnormal psychology -- Psychology and work -- Do looks matter? -- Judging and nudging -- A psychologist in the market place.
- " ... A book for the curious that reflects our public fascination with psychology. The authors have choses important, topical, and sometimes controversial subjects which they cover in a lucid and engaging way, while maintaining an academically sound approach. ... Coverage includes whether looks matter, the psychology of decision-making, conspiracy theories, psychology in the workplace and "why we buy.""--
- 9781119161684 (electronic bk.)
1119161681 (electronic bk.)
9781119161677 (electronic bk.)
1119161673 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33843339