Southern smoke : barbecue, traditions, and treasured recipes reimagined for today / Matthew Register
- Register, Matthew
- Beverly, MA : Harvard Common Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 208 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Barbecue basics -- North Carolina : pork, vinegar, and collards -- The low country : shrimp, rice, and okra -- Memphis and the Delta : ribs, catfish, and tamales -- The southern bakery : flour, cornmeal, and butter -- Southern supper menus -- The southern pantry -- A few books.
- In this book, Matthew teaches the basics of smoking with a grill or smoker. He outlines how to manage the fire for long smoking sessions and shares pitmaster tips for common struggles (like overcoming 'the stall' on large pieces of meat). He then explores iconic barbecue regions and traditions: Start off in North Carolina, the home of slow-smoked pork and tangy vinegar sauce. Other highlights include chicken quarters with church sauce, barbecue potatoes, collard chowder, and pork belly hash.
- 9780760364024 (paper over board) and 0760364028
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 33843662